Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in February 2022.
From the Mardi Gras and Lunar New Year celebrations to the tastings of olive oil, sake, and wine, this month has something tasty for everyone.
February also sees the return of a few cult favorite events, including the epic World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest to kick off the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
Check out these awesome food and drink happenings in Houston this month:
Top 12 Food & Drink Events / Offers in Houston This Month: February 2022
- Ambrosia of Puglia: Olive Oil Tasting at the Italian Cultural & Community Center of Houston | Tuesday, February 1 – At this special class and tasting at the Italian Cultural & Community Center of Houston, Rice University professor and Masseria Maccarone representative Maria Cristina Giliberti will teach the audience how to distinguish the flavors and aromas of olive oil and how to appreciate its beneficial properties, as well as how to enjoy it raw and simply. Registration is $ 25 for non-members. 7pm.
- Sake Tasting at Revival Market | Friday, February 4 – Learn about the world of sake as expert Janiz Frago walks the class through six different sakes, covering where they come from, how they taste, and how they are made. $ 85; includes small bites from Revival Market to enjoy with each sake. 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Lunar New Year 2022 at Asia Society Texas | Saturday, February 5 | FREE – Guests are invited to ring in the Year of the Tiger at Asia Society Texas’ special Lunar New Year celebration. The day will feature performances, art and craft activities, complimentary gallery access, and food inspired by Lunar New Year traditions across Asia. The event is free, but registration is required; and the Splendor of Huaxing performances at 1pm and 3pm are ticketed ($ 10 for nonmembers). 11am to 4pm.
- One Pot Showdown at Saint Arnold Beer Garden & Restaurant | Sunday, February 6 – Saint A’s favorite favorite one pot gauntlet is back for its 14th year, bringing chili, stews, gumbo, and more to taste alongside Saint A brews in support of Kids’ Meals, an organization that provides healthy lunches to preschool aged kids living in poverty. Tickets (which are known to sell out) are $ 40 per person. 1pm to 4pm.
- Monthly Wine Tasting: French Kiss at Rainbow Lodge | Wednesday, February 9 – Hit one of Houston’s most beautiful restaurants for its monthly walk-around wine tasting, this time with a theme of “French Kiss.” Each fun and educational happy hour event showcases three premium wines from a specific winery or region. $ 55; includes two tasting portions of each wine, each of the paired bees, plus the opportunity to purchase the wines at a discount. 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Occitania Menu at March | Beginning Thursday, February 10 – Houston’s elegant tasting menu experience will take a turn exploring the South of France, as chef Felipe Riccio and his culinary team delve into the historic region of Occitania. Tastings begin at $ 175 for six-courses; $ 225 for nine courses with optional wine or cocktail pairings. Reservations are open now.
- Houston Oaks Wine & Food Classic at the Clubs at Houston Oaks | Saturday, February 12 – The 3rd annual Houston Oaks Wine & Food Classic features an array of fine wines, plus tasty nibbles from Chef Nick Zaputil and the Houston Oaks culinary team, VIP experiences, educational wine seminars, live music, and more. Tickets start at $ 200 for members ($ 250 for guests), with add-ons from early entry to seminars and cooking demos available. 1pm to 4pm (noon for VIP).
- Saint Arnold Pub Crawl on White Oak | Saturday, February 12 – Houston’s favorite pub crawl is back, with the Saint Arnold suds flowing at White Oak’s finest bars. Crawlers can pick up their punch card any of the five stops — BB’s Tex-Orleans, Bobcat’s Teddy’s Icehouse, Christian’s Tailgate, Little Woodrow’s and Public House — between 2pm and 3pm, then hit the rest of the stops in any order and finish with the after party (and pint glass pickup for those who completed the crawl) at Onion Creek Cafe at 6pm. As always, designated drivers are both eligible for the award and encouraged to attend. 2pm to 6pm.
- Mardi Gras Galveston | Friday, February 18 to Tuesday, March 1 – Beads, booze and festival eats, balcony parties and parades, and island-style good times. It’s all a part of the fun at the island’s 111th Mardi Gras celebration, taking a place in Galveston’s historic downtown in the area bordered by 20th to 25th Streets and Harborside Drive to Mechanic Street. Passes start at $ 11.50.
- Rodeo Uncorked! Roundup & Best Bites Competition at NRG Park | Sunday, February 20 – Gourmet foods and over 450 award-winning wines are in the lineup at the Rodeo Uncorked! Roundup & Best Bites Competition. Guests will have the opportunity to sample signature dishes from approximately 100 of the area’s top restaurants and culinary institutions, and vote for their favorites in the Best Bites Competition. General admission tickets are $ 165, with reserved and premium tables available. 6:30 pm.
- HLSR’s World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park | Thursday, February 24 to Saturday, February 26 – More than 250 bbq teams will compete in the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo’s epic, annual bar-b-que contest. Tents are invite-only, but the public can get in on the action by visiting The Garden for country music performances, Rockin ‘Bar-B-Que Saloon and the Chuckwagon, plus the carnival for festival eats, rides and games. $ 20 for ages 13 and up; $ 5 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Times vary.
- Crawfish at Orleans Seafood Kitchen | Seasonal – Hot boiled mudbugs have arrived at the Louisiana-inspired hotspot, Orleans Seafood Kitchen in Katy. Suck ’em down for $ 9.99 per pound. Sunday to Thursday 11am to 9pm; Friday and Saturday 11am to 10pm.